Wednesday, November 4, 2009

What a Difference a Year Makes

Boy was this November 4th different from last year. No early wake-up call, no hospital, no silly juice to put me to sleep, and no strangers wheeling me away from my parents for a long time. Today I got to drop Bubby off at school, hang out with Mommy for a while, play at Adventure Kids, go with Daddy to watch Bubby do some martial arts, eat dinner and play games at home, and act like a complete crazy person before I went to bed.

Two days ago I had my one-year checkup at Dr. Laird's office, and it went great. I only weighed in at 24 lbs, but I'm headed in the right direction. It was a little scary because I forgot how silly the wires and stickers feel when they hook me up to the EKG and sonogram machines. But they let me watch Sesame Street while they did it, and they ended up telling me that everything looked like it had healed just fine.

As much as I like visiting with Dr. Laird and talking his ear off every time I see him, I'm really happy that I don't have to go to his office for another three years! I still can't believe what a great job all my doctors did in taking care of me all this time, and I pray that God continues to guide them as they take care of other kids who need help.

No comments: